[Twisted-Python] Upcoming Twisted Release

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 28 10:53:57 MST 2020

> On Dec 28, 2020, at 7:45 AM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 3:59 PM Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro <mailto:adi at roiban.ro>> wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 20:10, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org <mailto:rodrigc at crodrigues.org>> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 3:50 PM Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro <mailto:adi at roiban.ro>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to act as a release manager for the next release and follow the plan documented at
>
> https://docs.twistedmatrix.com/en/latest/core/development/policy/release-process.html <https://docs.twistedmatrix.com/en/latest/core/development/policy/release-process.html>
>

> I was previously working on releasing Twisted.  I was running into various roadblocks, but was moving forward,
> and got permission from Glyph to move forward with this.
> Has this changed?
>
> If you want to do the release, I am more than happy to not have to do the release myself :)
>
> Well since Glyph gave me permission to do this, I would like to complete this.

I'm not clear why Adi could not pick up your work where you left off?

> OK. I closed https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/10069 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/10069> as I think it's a duplicate.
>
> Do you or Pierre plan to fix that ticket?
>

> I'm working on this now.
>
> It might take me a few days to complete this, since I am in the middle of holidays now,
> so won't be able to complete a release until the beginning of January.

Everybody should be able to take a break on a holiday (or heck, whenever you want, for as long as you want, we're all volunteers here) but "please don't make progress while I'm gone" is a surefire recipe for the person asking to complete the thing themselves getting distracted and wandering away.  The release is stuck enough as it is with CI issues and regressions, so if someone has energy to make some forward progress let's please not hold it up.

-g