[Twisted-Python] Updating the project leadership committee

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Dec 26 15:00:53 MST 2020

Hi Adi,

The best next step would be to reach out to Conservancy directly—probably Karen Sandler, based on what the website says now—and describe the situation we are in. The problem is that the process we currently have in place is that the old committee nominates the new one and as far as I’m aware it doesn’t support any other options. The folks at the conservancy are probably the only ones who can change this.

The plans you propose all sound pretty reasonable to me, I just don’t have the time or energy to do all the planning and coordinating required to make them happen.

If you did have a fully fleshed out, written up proposal for what to do next, volunteers ready to be the next PLC, and all we needed was a PLC up-or-down vote, I might be able to help by tracking down a majority of the existing PLC and needling them to vote just once; however a better solution would be to get a more sustainable process in place with the SFC that takes this situation into account.

I am extremely enthusiastic for your future reign on a new and improved project leadership committee :-). Thank you for working on this!

-g