[Twisted-Python] Participating to GitHub Sponsors

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 15 21:22:59 MST 2020

The money is first allocated to keeping the lights on (i.e.: paying for the infrastructure required to host twistedmatrix.com <http://twistedmatrix.com/>).

If we manage to raise enough to go beyond that, then if we can clear the procedural hurdles necessary to spend money (i.e.: the current "project leadership committee" is more than half made up of people who are a. no longer affiliated with the project and b. never answer their email at this point, so we need to sort out some way to resolve that with the Conservancy) we will likely run another Fellowship program - you can see the results of previous programs on https://labs.twistedmatrix.com <https://labs.twistedmatrix.com/>, and yes, it's mostly hiring someone to accelerate code review.

-g