[Twisted-Python] Unjellying and circular references?

Jasper Phillips jasperisjaded at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 06:18:32 MST 2020

I'm using perspective broker to transfer objects in a networked game, which
I'm having trouble unjellying -- the remote versions wind up with dangling
twisted.persisted.crefutil._Dereference instances, so don't match the
original objects.

I'm seeing this for objects that have circular references to each other.
I've refactored things to mostly avoid circular references and sidestep
this, but have one remaining case where I find circular references mean
clearer code that I'm reluctant to refactor.

Is there some trick I'm missing to avoid _Dereferences?