[Twisted-Python] Current twisted dns client just doesn't work

spam tam kuchaspama at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 18:37:33 MST 2020

Twisted provide ability to run dns client in the same thread as main
twisted application. But it just doesn't work.

I created pull request which fix the problem:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1488

I would like to know if twisted community knows about it. This client
doesn't work for years. I think that we should fix the problem.

Twisted dns client should work. What do you think? I think we should
discuss the problem. DNS client protocol provide ANY, A, AAAA
requests. Current dns ANY request is not enough. My code add A dns
request after current ANY request.

Is this enough fix or anybody think it's not enough or may be we
should find another solution. I think twisted framework should work