[Twisted-Python] Twisted for http/2 (RESTful) webservices - client/server

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 26 01:32:44 MDT 2019

> On May 26, 2019, at 12:19 AM, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, understood. My Python knowledge is somewhat rudimentary and Twisted knowledge even more so, but if the current project at hand can afford some lax, I will see if I could help in any way. Even though Twisted is an open-source, volunteer driven/implemented project, is there a roadmap for Twisted ?

Not really.  We do have >2000 open bugs, and we would like to have zero, so that is a roadmap of a kind :). But my attempts at roadmap-setting emails to this list have largely gone unanswered, so I'm not sure we have consensus around big long-term vision.

However, in general we want better integration with the stdlib asyncio, more debugging niceties, better practical logging tools, an overhauled HTTP server interface, and to eliminate the remainder of our py2-only legacy (as you can see here: http://blog.habnab.it/twisted-depgraph/ <http://blog.habnab.it/twisted-depgraph/> we're *almost* there!).

-g