[Twisted-Python] Twisted for http/2 (RESTful) webservices - client/server

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Fri May 24 14:35:43 MDT 2019

Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88 at gmail.com> writes:

> Checked Klein, and it seems quite promising (and seem quite similar to
> Flask, from developer standpoint). From the documentation it was not
> quite evident to me, as to how to use HTTP2 under Klein.

Klein uses Twisted Web underneath. So, it's "merely" a matter of
installing the right things essentially.

> Checked treq, but is it really advantageous over request ? Also found
> no reference to HTTP2 in treq documents.

Yes, because "requests" is a synchronous library that won't use Twisted
at all. As above, treq uses twisted web so it will use http2 if the
underlying twisted has been set up to use http2 (by installing the right
things).

p.s. if you need real-time help/discussion, #twisted on freenode is a
friendly and active channel.

Cheers,
meejah