[Twisted-Python] Weekly Bug Summary

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 1 00:01:00 MDT 2019

> On Apr 28, 2019, at 8:01 AM, John Santos <john at egh.com> wrote:
> I've been having ongoing problems accessing the TwistedMatrix site.  (Tried both Firefox and Chrome from my home PC.)

The site was having some issues and the server badly needed a reboot during the time you were trying to access it.
> I've been trying to log in to update issue 9629 below to report it is a duplicate of a known problem.  (Can't tell you WHICH known problem because I can't search the Twisted tickets.)

Hopefully the search function is back?  But also you can try searching with Google, using 'site:twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket'.
> On Monday evening, when I submitted this issue, I filled in the form and nothing appeared to happen.  (I may have even submitted it twice.)
>
> I searched the tickets and discovered 1) it didn't appear (so no ticket?) and 2) it seemed to be the same as a previously reported problem, so I added a comment to the previous ticket that I was seeing the same issue and a little context that might help.  (I only started seeing it with Twisted 19.2.0, but the original report said it was under 18.4.0 which I had been running uneventfully since last summer.)
>
> Anyway, I got no feedback, so I assumed my initial attempt to create a ticket had failed.
>
> Someone with access, please mark #9629 as a duplicate and close.

Done.  Looks like https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9462 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9462> was the issue in question; I see your comment on it.

Thanks for writing the email to follow up :).

-g