[Twisted-Python] Any Windows users/reviewers around?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 23 16:03:49 MDT 2019

> On Mar 19, 2019, at 12:13 AM, Wim Lewis <wiml at hhhh.org> wrote:
>
> There are a couple of Windows-specific PRs that I think could use a
> review and merge. I don't have access to Windows or really know much
> about it, or I'd do it.

If you need access to Windows, we do have an MSDN membership that the project can use.  Is this of interest?

> The one I think is most pressing is Trac 9446 / PR 1025, which is a data
> corruption bug when using the IOCP reactor:
>   https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9446 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9446>  https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1025 <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1025>

If you wanted to just land this because it seems quite serious and passes CI, I don't think anyone would blame you.  It's languished long enough, and absent any C-level crash bugs, the situation can't possibly be worse than it is now :-).

> which may be a duplicate of:
>   https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3525 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3525>

Thanks for pointing this out.

> There are a few others in the review queue <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/report/25>.

If there are any Windows users out there who want to be maintainers, please speak up!  We could really use the help.

-g