[Twisted-Python] a farewell to buildbot

Evilham contact at evilham.com
Sun Mar 3 10:46:56 MST 2019

Am 03/03/2019 um 7:32 schrieb Glyph:
> So, do folks have any strong feelings, or would anyone like to volunteer
> to help with some aspect of this?  As always: we don't have enough folks
> to keep up with the operational demands of twistedmatrix.com
> <http://twistedmatrix.com>, so if you want to dev some ops or ops some
> infra, please speak up :).

This together with the 1password email raises following question:
Is there anything particular that needs more support?

Amber's point about Buildkite's bring-your-own-builders offering sounds
interesting, and if lack of Mensch-power is the only issue, maybe a call
to arms in a somewhat more specific fashion would be in order?

I mention because that would help with some ML readers who may think "no
way I can help with that" and actually could have the expertise on
specific bits that are needed.

Also, listing needs could be a good exercise overall and it could be
listed here: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Infrastructure

PS: Since Amber is part of Matrix' team, I just realised the silliest
thing: following Twisted's tradition of awesome/awful naming puns,
Matrix' Homeserver reference implementation, synapse, is written on
Twisted, and this project's website is... twistedmatrix.com (!)

--
Evilham