[Twisted-Python] a farewell to buildbot

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Sun Mar 3 09:40:11 MST 2019

On 2019-03-03 09:07, Chris Withers wrote:
> What do you make of CircleCI?

I found it mostly pleasant but I'm expecting to be using Azure
personally.  It's the only one that I've worked with that covers what I
think ought to be the basics.  Linux/macOS/Windows, CPython 2,7/3.4+
(ok, maybe 3.5+...), and PyPy 2/3 (I had to download it but it wasn't
too painful to get it working), and artifact storage.

CircleCI was nice but it lacks Windows entirely and only has CPython 2/3
on macOS iirc.  They do provide some nice templating features.  AppVeyor
lacks macOS (I haven't tried their Linux) and just one worker at a time.
  Travis now has the OSes covered and their matrixing is nice (until you
do anything 'special' and it can't be used afaik) but only really
supports Python on Linux and doesn't have artifact storage.

All that said, I just started with Azure Pipelines this week and have
only put one pure Python project on it so who knows what will turn up as
I do more.

https://dev.azure.com/altendky/exttr/_build/results?buildId=120

Cheers,
-kyle