[Twisted-Python] Are t.w.s.Requests's prepath/postpath part of the IRequest interface?

Wim Lewis wiml at hhhh.org
Thu Mar 7 18:42:56 MST 2019

I was just working on the documentation to fix Trac bug #5533, but I
have a question about intent. Right now, prepath and postpath are
undocumented; as best as I can tell, though, they are intended to be
public. Question is, are they part of the IRequest interface, or only of
the Request implementation?

(There aren't any other implementations of IRequest in Twisted, so I
suppose it's a little bit academic.)

It seems to me that they should be on IRequest, since IRequest already
has methods like prePathURL() which depend on the information in
prepath/postpath. Leaving these attributes off of IRequest wouldn't
provide any more flexibility to implementers of the interface, and
postpath in particular is very useful to people writing render methods.

 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5533>