[Twisted-Python] Azure Pipelines

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jun 21 10:05:12 MDT 2019

> On Jun 21, 2019, at 6:39 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I submitted ticket:9655 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9655> / PR#1155 <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1155> for review a bit over a week ago.  It is suffering from a red mark on the CI report due to Azure Pipelines complaining there was some "communication" problem "with the server".  I imagine this is a spurious failure due to transient network conditions on the CI system.  There doesn't appear to be a retry button to find out, though.

You need to be signed in to see it, but there is a "retry" button under the vertical-ellipsis button in the top right, next to "all logs".

I clicked it for you (annoyingly I had to do this twice, there was another transient CI-system-related error on a different pipeline, maybe they've been having an outage?) and the build is now green.

> I can't see any Azure Pipeline configuration in the repository, I don't see much information on the ticket that (maybe?) introduced Azure Pipeline usage <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9454>.

Once you're logged in, I think you can also see the build configuration, under "edit pipeline" in the same menu the "retry" item is in.  Not sure if there are some permissions to manage here for either the retry or edit buttons.  If there are, and you can't see either of them, let's get them set up for anyone who wants them; but I think Github org membership should be sufficient, since from what I can tell in their control panel that's how I had permission.

> I can't sign in to Azure or whatever the system driving this is called.

The system is broadly called "Microsoft", I think :-), but you do have to log in to this specific corner of it (Azure DevOps?).

Anyway - if you click on the Azure build status "Details" link on Github, you'll get to this page:

https://twistedmatrix.visualstudio.com/twisted/_build/results?buildId=958 <https://twistedmatrix.visualstudio.com/twisted/_build/results?buildId=958>

On that page, there's a "Sign in" link in the top right.  When you click it, you'll see a login.microsoftonline.com <http://login.microsoftonline.com/> page with a "sign in with github" link at the bottom.  Use that and you should be all set.

> What is to become of this PR?

Hopefully it'll get landed now ;).

-g