[Twisted-Python] Binary wheels for Twisted on Windows?

Chris Satterthwaite chris at cmsconstruct.com
Sat Jun 1 18:07:43 MDT 2019

Hi Griatch,

Our stack-based solution for customers hosting our platform requires the same.  We could compile and distribute, but then we’d have to support dependencies… and I’ve never been a fan of embedded dependencies.  We do that for software installation (embedding python and libs into a binary via PyInstaller), but for production run-time it’s just the modules – hence similar dependencies on developer tools being installed.

The Microsoft link has changed over the years.  I’ve pasted what we have in our documentation for those tools below, which looks like it’s validated on Windows 10 Pro, Win server 2012 R2, and Win server 2016.  Also, on the Server side, I believe you also need to be mindful of the .NET versioning… in case there’s another application dependency.

Get the developer tools from Microsoft:

1.	Go to the following URL:  https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/community/
2.	Download and run the vs_community file
3.	Select "Desktop development with C++"
4.	Reboot when finished

-Chris