[Twisted-Python] New release of ldaptor

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jul 14 01:47:03 MDT 2019

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 2:33 AM, Evilham <contact at evilham.com> wrote:
>
> On dt., jul. 09 2019, Thomas Westfeld wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I would love to see a new release of ldaptor, which incorporates the recent compatibility fixes with python 3.
>>
>> Furthermore I have submitted a new pull request for ticket #9596 and revised my pull request about documentation fixes #9243.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Thomas
>
> This would be awesome indeed.
>
> I keep going even if maybe only tangentially related: I want to stop deploying my ugly hacks to klein :-D [1].
> [1]: https://github.com/twisted/klein/issues/96 <https://github.com/twisted/klein/issues/96>

As you've seen, there's a new release now, so presumably you can just upgrade :).

> The reason why I raise that is because IIUC, ldaptor and klein have the same kind of relationship to the Twisted project?

Roughly, yes.  I think there's more maintainer overlap with Klein than with Ldaptor though, possibly just due to the broader applicability of "web".

> Is there anything specific that can be done to help with the releases of these non-core but very related and useful components?

In the short term - volunteer to be a release manager for one of these projects to try to coordinate a release :).

In the long term and more significantly, the thing would be to build a fully-automated release pipeline; make it possible for travis to push straight to PyPI on an appropriate tag, like what https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter-pypackage <https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter-pypackage> does.  This isn't as hard as it sounds, and that template has a good example you could work from.

-glyph