[Twisted-Python] Getting nice logging outputs in py.test

Chris Withers chris at withers.org
Thu Jul 4 23:55:30 MDT 2019

On 04/07/2019 21:43, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>     How are you running the reactor in your pytest suites? I've not found a
>     sane way to do this and so would recommend sticking with trial, crufty
>     and old though it feels...
>

> What feels crufty and old about trial?  And why is "old" a negative?

"old" is negative here because things have moved on and trial hasn't.

pytest feels like it's become the python standard now, so there's that.
It's rich ecosystem of plugins is another one.
The reliance on subclassing TestCase is nother.
No fixtures.
Poor support in pycharm for trial versus first class support for pytest.

That's just off the top of my head, use pytest for a year or two and
coming back to trial may well feel the same.

cheers,

Chris