[Twisted-Python] Weird epoller bug

Robert DiFalco robert.difalco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:18:52 MST 2019

We recently switched from these versions and recently our TLS health check
using treq seems to be using more and more file handles and getting this
exception. Additionally our health check gets response time outs at a much
higher frequency. Any tips on how I would go about debugging this? Or is
this perhaps a known issue in one of the versions below and I need to
either bump up or down a release version? Thanks!

twisted 16.6.0 -> 19.19.0
treq 15.1.0 -> 18.6.0

  File
"/home/foo/foo/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
line 183, in removeWriter
    EPOLLOUT, EPOLLIN)
  File
"/home/foo/foo/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
line 160, in _remove
    self._poller.unregister(fd)
exceptions.IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory