[Twisted-Python] The Python 2.7 Plan

Amber Brown (hawkowl) hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Mon Dec 16 14:30:39 MST 2019

On 17/12/19 3:40 am, Glyph wrote:

> The whole point would be to define a concrete end in terms of the final
> release - and I have no doubt that if we say what the date of the final
> 2.7 release is, Hawkie will get it out /on the dot/, and not a day past
> its deadline :).  So no way it would be open-ended.
>
> -g

At this point, I think 1st of January is unrealistic for those that want
to do a final drive for things inclusive of 2.7 support.

Without any better ideas, what if we just say something like 1st March?
I don't think much would realistically happen in the rest of March,
considering a fair amount of people would be gearing up for PyCon, and
then it lets us have a decent amount of space for a release candidate
and the potential for any successive RCs without it spilling over into
PyCon US, where I have a feeling those of us attending would prefer to
look to the future :)

- Amber