[Twisted-Python] Status of: "console support for stdio in Windows"

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 10 00:18:22 MST 2019

> On Dec 8, 2019, at 8:37 AM, notafile <twisted-ml at notafile.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just came across the following patches from 13 years ago that fix StandardIO handling for windows.
>
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2157
>
> This still appears to be broken, so it seems these patches just got overlooked and forgotten?

To get fixed, a Twisted ticket needs an active champion who is responding to reviews, fixing CI issues, and generally shepherding the ticket to completion.  Stalled tickets like this are sadly not uncommon.

If this issue affects you and you're interested in getting it fixed, it would be wonderful if you'd pick up the code as it's documented on that ticket, put it into a new github fork, make a pull request and put it into review (i.e.: paste a link to the PR on the Trac ticket and add the 'review' keyword to it).

The review queue over on https://twisted.reviews/ <https://twisted.reviews/> isn't too deep right now so you would have a good chance of getting a review and getting it integrated assuming it's got test coverage and everything.

Thanks for highlighting this issue!

-g