[Twisted-Python] The Future of Twisted Spread

Amber Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Mon Apr 22 12:06:07 MDT 2019

twisted.spread is without a maintainer, and there were discussions in
#twisted-dev about it's future. It has several flaws, mostly regarding
security and resource usage that have not moved forward in a long time.
These discussions mostly revolved around deprecating it, but Glyph
pointed out existing uses of it and suggested looking for a maintainer
first.

As such, we're looking for a maintainer who can dedicate themselves to
maintaining twisted.spread and giving Perspective Broker a bit of love.
This would require someone that uses twisted.spread, and is committed to
its long-term success.

If nobody steps up, we'll declare it unmaintained and deprecate it in a
future Twisted release.

- Amber