[Twisted-Python] Twisted 18.9.0 Release Announcement

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 22 02:33:12 MDT 2018

> On Oct 19, 2018, at 4:56 AM, Amber Brown <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:
>
> On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honoured to announce the release of Twisted 18.9!
>
> The highlights of this release are:
>
> - Support for Python 3.7!

Hooray!

> - Better support for Unicode handling in logging tracebacks in Python 2
> - trial -j now reports tracebacks on test failures on Python 3.

This is huge news.  (It used to silently exit!)  And it's nice that error reporting is steadily improving.

We should start trying to run Twisted's tests under `trial -j` - in aggregate, this could save a *lot* of time between development environments and our extensive CI system.

> - twisted.internet._sslverify.ClientTLSOptions no longer raises IDNAError when given an IPv6 address as a hostname in a HTTPS URL.

This is twisted.internet.ssl.optionsForClientTLS for those of you who are not maintaining Twisted's innards :-).

> - HTTP/2 server connections will no longer time out active downloads that take too long.

> Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!

Thanks for another great release everyone!

-glyph