[Twisted-Python] pytest-twisted questions

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Tue Nov 13 17:47:10 MST 2018

On 2018-11-13 17:37, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 13/11/2018 20:31, Kyle Altendorf wrote:
>> but I know that I mostly don't have test classes and, for the class I
>> do have, I didn't inherit.  Mostly I just @pytest.inlineCallbacks (I
>> still don't like the namespace squashing into pytest though :] ) and I
>> suppose in the probably-not-too-distant future I'll instead be using
>> more @pytest_twisted.async_await  (ala #31/#34).
>
> Okay, but twisted.trial.unittest.TestCase does a bunch of reactor
> management stuff, most notable making you aware when you've left the
> reactor in a bad state. As far as I can see from the code,
> pytest-twisted does not do that, correct?

I don't believe so.  It sounds like I should review
twisted.trial.unittest.TestCase and consider implementing a fixture to
provide the checks.  Perhaps default it to autouse with a cli parameter
to disable it.

Perhaps #4 is relevant though.

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-twisted/issues/4
https://github.com/altendky/stlib/blob/b34796cbba959d9cb2cb843f3cc5fc815c7cb6c6/epyqlib/tests/utils/test_twisted.py#L65-L93