[Twisted-Python] "blocking" on a response to a client

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 10:08:03 MST 2018

Hi Again,

So, separate question: I have a client that's making a connection to a
websocket from a server. The client needs to send an "auth" message once
the websocket is up, and the client code shouldn't progress until it
receives an affirmative response. How do I do this in a non-blocking way
when using twisted? (inside an inlineDeferred method in this case!)

Similarly, how do I get this dance to happen again if the websocket
drops? How would I do some kind of backoff on he connection retries?

And, icing on the cake, where can I find good examples of how to write
automated tests for all of the above?

cheers,

Chris