[Twisted-Python] How to combine two eventloops into one?

Shiyao MA i at introo.me
Mon May 21 03:22:16 MDT 2018

Hi,

We are developing a network-facing GUI software.

One team member builds the GUI software, which is based on PyQT and
the eventloop is qt5reactor.

Another team member writes the network functions, which is based on
the https://github.com/bmuller/kademlia repo.  Again, our code is
built upon twisted, but to account for the kademila package, we switch
the underlying event loop to asyncio.

Now the problem comes as to how to integrate the GUI (qt5reactor) with
the network(aysncio) eventloop?

Possible to build a meta eventloop that combines qt5reactor and asyncio?
Otherwise, any better approach?

TIA.

--
Best,