[Twisted-Python] Problem with osx10.10-py2.7 builder

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Mar 25 06:01:01 MDT 2018

Hi,

On 25 March 2018 at 05:14, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone check this builder:
>
> https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/osx10.10-py2.7
>
> It is failing randomly in weird ways during builds.  For example,
> in some cases it fails to install tox.  In other cases, the tests terminate
> in
> some random spot.

I will try and take a look at it.

If someone knows more about the slave running this build, please add
the info on wiki at:

https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContinuousIntegration/Buildslaves

> This builder is marked as "Required", so it is a bit annoying.

My understanding from the previous discussion about the supported
platforms is that any build is required.
The osx is there as I reminder to run the buildbot tests and not to
merge a PR with only Travis and Appveyor.

I have reconfigured GitHub to require  ubuntu16.04-py2.7-coverage as
this is backed by 3 slaves.

-----

We have the circle-ci macOS and for the next  2 days, we can use that :)
We are already used 55% of the macOS time and Circle-CI was enalbled
in trunk in the last 2 days...so I don't think that we can use
Circle-CI for macOS for the long term.
I will write them to see if we can get an exception or a discount.

Otherwise, I plan to rent a macOS  so that it can act as a second
slave for osx10.10-py2.7
So far, the support from macincloud was not helpful or friendly, but I
guess that we can just try their service for 1 month and see how it
goes.

--
Adi Roiban