[Twisted-Python] List of required builds before a merge

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Mar 12 23:42:08 MDT 2018

On Mar 12, 2018, at 10:27 PM, Amber Brown <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:

> The buildbots went after someone said that the RAX hosting was going away, and I (and a few others) didn't get the (annoyingly quiet) correction that it was only for new projects (which was not how the original was written). All the twisted list got was the original letter from the SFC without a "false alarm" followup. By the time people pointed it out, it was too late.
>
> I have the ansible configs to rebuild them all, but unfortunately, Life has not stopped since January and hasn't got worse. If anyone wants to take a stab, the ansible configs are in the twisted-infra repo.

Thanks for the explanation; I was tearing my hair out (what little remains, anyway) trying to figure out what the heck had happened! :)  I do remember that ill-fated email.  Normally I'd say we should never deprovision infrastructure until it's torn, bloody, from our lifeless hands, but the way the free Rackspace account is set up means overages go to bill the SFC and deplete their general fund, so I can see not wanting to have anything unnecessary hanging around there if the discount were to end.

(For those of you that may not have been informed at the time: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/20/rackspace_ends_discount_hosting_for_open_source_projects/ <https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/20/rackspace_ends_discount_hosting_for_open_source_projects/> )

-g