[Twisted-Python] Twistedmatrix.com: scheduled maintenance July 18th

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Thu Jul 12 08:27:19 MDT 2018

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 at 12:57, Jean-Paul Calderone
<exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:14 PM Mark Williams <mrw at enotuniq.org> wrote:
>>
>> Note that this is the minimum maintenance necessary to keep twistedmatrix.com running.  We need money to realize improvements to our infrastructure, like newer hardware for the existing server and additional hosts that could continue to serve twistedmatrix.com during a maintenance window.
>

> DNS could be pointed at an S3-backed website to serve a maintenance message, at least.  Not optimal, but better than ECONNREFUSED I would think.  I'd be happy to set this up and foot the bill - if someone provides the content (I can make web pages but no one really wants that).
>
> Jean-Paul

Do we need fancy content?

I was thinking to just use a plain text message explaining what is
going on there.

--------

There is also the option to host in Azure. Twisted has $120 each month
for Azure services... so there will be no extra payment.

Let me know if you want/need access to the Twisted Azure subscription.

Azure Blob does not have a "default page"...so you need to set up a
CDN to serve a static page out of a container.

There is one easy way to create a site from a GitHub repo with Azure
App Service:
https://github.com/adiroiban/azure-web-app-klein

--
Adi Roiban