[Twisted-Python] "Cleared to Land"?

Tom Most twm at freecog.net
Sat Jul 7 13:36:41 MDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, at 12:08 AM, Glyph wrote:

>> On Jul 6, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Wim Lewis <wiml at omnigroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a minor PR that was reviewed and labeled "cleared to land" a
>> while back, but three months have passed since then and it's still
>> unmerged. Is there something else I need to do to move this along, or>> did it just fall through the cracks?
>>
>> Wim.
>

> Hi Wim,
>
> Can you include a link to to the issue in question?  Probably
> someone (me?) intended to indicate that it was in the appropriate
> workflow state for landing, but was waiting for continuous
> integration to complete, and wandered off and forgot about it.  If
> you can pester a contributor here, or on IRC, someone should be able
> to land it for you.>
> Speaking of which, it seems like you've been a fairly stalwart and
> patient external contributor.  Would you like to join the project as a
> member and merge your own approved stuff to trunk?  Mostly, the
> attendant responsibilities are documented here:>
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess
>
> (This used to be the authoritative list -
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/CommitterCheckList - and I've just
> updated it to remove some extraneous stuff, but it seems that
> pervasive cultural understanding of github's workflow have obviated
> the need for repetitive stern cautions that one should not commit
> directly to trunk without code review and CI...)>
> -g

Hi all,

Perhaps it was https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/991? It was
tagged "cleared to land", but had build failures unrelated to the
changes. I merged forward, pushed to branch, kicked a failing build, and
got the green checkmark. It has been merged.
Perhaps we should avoid the "cleared to land" label on PRs from non-
committers? I scan through open PRs for ones which require a procedural
nudge now and again, but I had not looked at this one as the process
appeared to be done with it, and I missed that it was from a non-
committer.
Also, yes, welcome Wim!

---Tom