[Twisted-Python] "Cleared to Land"?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jul 7 01:08:51 MDT 2018

> On Jul 6, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Wim Lewis <wiml at omnigroup.com> wrote:
>
> I have a minor PR that was reviewed and labeled "cleared to land" a
> while back, but three months have passed since then and it's still
> unmerged. Is there something else I need to do to move this along, or
> did it just fall through the cracks?
>
> Wim.

Hi Wim,

Can you include a link to to the issue in question?  Probably someone (me?) intended to indicate that it was in the appropriate workflow state for landing, but was waiting for continuous integration to complete, and wandered off and forgot about it.  If you can pester a contributor here, or on IRC, someone should be able to land it for you.

Speaking of which, it seems like you've been a fairly stalwart and patient external contributor.  Would you like to join the project as a member and merge your own approved stuff to trunk?  Mostly, the attendant responsibilities are documented here:

https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess>

(This used to be the authoritative list - https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/CommitterCheckList <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/CommitterCheckList> - and I've just updated it to remove some extraneous stuff, but it seems that pervasive cultural understanding of github's workflow have obviated the need for repetitive stern cautions that one should not commit directly to trunk without code review and CI...)

-g