[Twisted-Python] subunitreporter 18.7.5

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 9 13:02:38 MDT 2018

Hello all,

I'm happy to announce a new project, subunitreporter
<https://pypi.org/project/subunitreporter/>, which provides a reporter
plugin for Trial which emits subunit v2 output.

Twisted includes a subunit v1 reporter for Trial.  However, the v1 output
format must generally be converted to the v2 format before much can be done
with it.  Additionally, the reporter included with Twisted does not include
timing information.  The output generated by subunitreporter does include
this information.

One useful thing to do with a subunit v2 stream is convert it to junitxml
and let CircleCI ingest it.  This is precisely the reason I've written this
reporter.  You can see this in action on some recent Tahoe-LAFS builds.  In
all cases, builds now include a summary of the number of tests run.

Additionally:
    On success <https://circleci.com/gh/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs/438>, slowest
test are reported.
    On failure <https://circleci.com/gh/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs/379>, the
failing tests and their failure details are summarized.
    Further analysis and reporting
<https://circleci.com/build-insights/gh/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs/master> is
also done.

I find this to be a nice development convenience when using CircleCI.
Other build systems are likely to be able to use either the subunit v2
output or (like CircleCI) the equivalent junitxml which can trivially be
produced from the subunit v2 output.

My thanks to Least Authority TFA GmbH <https://leastauthority.com/> for
sponsoring these specific Tahoe-LAFS infrastructure improvements as well as
the subunitreporter project.

Enjoy,
Jean-Paul