[Twisted-Python] Installing Twisted on a clean Windows system

Jeff Grimmett grimmtooth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 08:53:26 MDT 2018

I am attempting to install Twisted 18.4.0  on a clean system, fresh install
of Python 3.7.  When I attempt to install from the source dist (python
setup.py install) it complains I don't have the MS Visual C++ Build tools
("error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 is required. Get it with "Microsoft
Visual C++ Build Tools"") and directs me to
http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools - which is a 404.

"pip install twisted[windows_platform]" fails for the same reason.

Not sure where to go for a good compiler here ... any ideas? Is it too soon
to adopt Python 3.7?  Should I go back to 3.6? (this is going to be a
system install so I'd prefer to avoid all virtualenv entanglements)

TIA,

Jeff