[Twisted-Python] Partnership possibility with Twisted

Alex Georgie alex at seedanddew.com
Wed Aug 8 10:40:36 MDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex from SeedAndDew. I was chatting with Moshe about SeedAndDew and
whether Twisted would like to participate and he mentioned bringing it to
the mailing list to get your opinions.

SeedAndDew is a common subscription platform that allows users to
contribute to a number of open source projects with a single subscription.
The idea here is that it's a lot easier to get people to contribute
$10/month to every open source project they work with than it is to get
them to contribute $5/month for a specific project. The subscription
revenue will be distributed based on the amount of time users spend reading
documentation of the respective project which I anticipate will correspond
well with actual use. So if a user spends 10% of their time reading the
Twisted documentation, you get 10% of the subscription revenue.

Our goal is to increase the pool of people who contribute to open source by
removing the friction of having to manage subscriptions paid to specific
projects and changing it as your stack and interests change. This would be
a passive income source that doesn't require any further work outside of
the initial integration.

So far we have 10 projects including SQL Alchemy, RSpec, Bundler, Browsh
and Parse. Does this seem like something you would be interested in?

Thanks,

Alex

<http://mailstat.us/tr/opt-out?guid=yohzugwjkld0u3s>
<http://mailstat.us/tr/t/dummy>