[Twisted-Python] pypy3 builds passing?

Mark Williams mrw at enotuniq.org
Fri Apr 13 00:00:10 MDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, at 10:53 PM, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:35 PM, Amber Brown <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:
>> It does on master, i think, but unsupported doesn't run on PRs.
>>
>> I'm happy to move it to supported if we're happy with it! I think since it runs all the main reactors plus asyncio, we can be relatively trusting of it being green now...
>>

> That build runs select, poll, epoll, and asyncio reactors.  So since there are about 12,000 tests, running 4 times, that is about 48,000 tests
> for this builder.  That took 39 minutes.
> That's a bit long, but maybe that's OK.

Thanks for checking the build time! I agree that 40 minutes is long, and I'd rather not add it onto our already lengthy CI cycle.

> I don't know if it is worth figuring out any ways to optimize this run by maybe using "trial -j", or splitting
> the run of each reactor into a new builder.

trial -j fails on some of our tests, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's less reliable under PyPy.  We should fix that, but until we do, I think adding additional builders for each PyPy3 reactor is a good idea.