[Twisted-Python] Running a twisted application as windows service

Ray Cote rgacote at appropriatesolutions.com
Thu Apr 12 11:50:34 MDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 12:12 PM, Thomas Westfeld <
thomas.westfeld at currenta.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have written a nice twisted-based TCP-server as a twistd plugin or an
> application as a .tac file and I would like to run it as a windows service.

Hi Thomas:
Recommend you take a look at this service manager utility for Windows:
    https://nssm.cc/
We've moved away from implementing Twisted as a service and instead run it
under NSSM.
NSSM provides additional capabilities such as automatic restarts on
failure, redirected stdout/stderr, and easily setting dependency groups,
etc.
Our Twisted binaries are installed at a number of fairly large companies
and so far none of them have had any concern about running the NSSM service
manager.
Its made our life much simpler.
(Lousy product name, though...)

--Ray

--
Raymond Cote, President
voice: +1.603.924.6079 email: rgacote at AppropriateSolutions.com skype: