[Twisted-Python] Running a twisted application as windows service

Thomas Westfeld thomas.westfeld at currenta.de
Thu Apr 12 10:12:56 MDT 2018

Hello all,

I have written a nice twisted-based TCP-server as a twistd plugin or an
application as a .tac file and I would like to run it as a windows service.

It works when started from cmd.exe but I would like to run it as a native
service.

I have seen that the pywin32 package has a win32serviceutil module which could
be used for this. Unfortunately I do not know how to get it up and running.

I have seen several posts here on this list about this topic but it is still
unclear how to use it. For my understanding one has to mimic the life-cycle
management of the process which twist(d) does in the windows service.

Once it has been figured out I would love to clean it all up and add it to
twisted's documentation.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas