[Twisted-Python] Changing procmon.ProcessMonitor.processes

Moshe Zadka zadka.moshe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 15:04:15 MDT 2017

Hello all,

For context, please read bullet one of Glyph's comment on
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3691#comment:9

I am in a similar situation to JP 8 years ago -- I want to add a working
directory argument to addProcess, so that processes that care (usually for
silly reasons) about their cwd can be monitored.

The options I see:

1. Move processes to a private attribute, deprecate processors, then do it.
2. Have a parallel dictionary to processes
3. Move, as Glyph suggested, to object with attributes. For backwards
compatibility, I can support __getitem__ for the historic unpackers.
4. Decide we're going with "inccompatible change", and move processes to a
private attribute.

Anyone wants to weigh in?