[Twisted-Python] Defining the review workflow on top of GitHub PR

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Oct 2 03:48:06 MDT 2017

On 1 October 2017 at 20:09, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2017, at 12:06 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>

> Rather than write a bot specific to Twisted, why not just adapt the Twisted
> project to use a bot written by another project?
>

> Personally I don't care either way :-).  I was just describing my
> understanding of the existing plan, not endorsing it.  Hopefully someone
> more directly involved will comment.

I expect that in order to make this happen, we will need a transition
period in which the current system should continue to work, that is
automatically set/remove "review" keyword to Trac.
In this way, the new way(tm) can be implemented in various ways (and
experiment with different ways) and nobody should complain as the old
system will just work.

For my project, I am using Klein as the hooks server, but it is based
on Trac XML-RPC, so I don't think it can be used for Twisted.

---------------

With that in mind, I think that txghbot or something based on
python/twisted is easier.
We would need to talk with Trac... maybe over PB

I remember there was a PB based channel for communicating with Trac
but I can't find where it is defined.
I see that kenan is using something [1] BOT_PORT = 15243, I can't find
where a service with that port is started.

Regards,
Adi

[1] https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/3dc2fea9a29c1b8361961d561fea1fc593c9bd8e/services/kenaan/config.py