[Twisted-Python] Buildbot and Python 3

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon May 15 00:03:25 MDT 2017

> On May 12, 2017, at 11:49 AM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've shifted efforts to port buildbot to Python 3.  In March, we reached a milestone where all of buildbot's unit tests passed on Python 3:
>
> https://medium.com/buildbot/buildbot-0-9-5-is-out-1d83626bd95a <https://medium.com/buildbot/buildbot-0-9-5-is-out-1d83626bd95a>
>
> This effort was possible due to large parts of Twisted (especially Perspective Broker)
> now working on Python 3.
>
> Buildbot is a heavy user of Twisted.  There are a couple of bugs in
> Twisted's Python 3 support uncovered by buildbot which need to get
> fixed/merged in Twisted.  Hopefully these can get fixed and a new version
> of Twisted can be released so that buildbot works out of the box on Python 3.

Thank you Craig for all of your hard work getting both Twisted and Buildbot ported.

Only a few modules remain before we can officially get rid of our 2/3 hybrid installer mess and stop qualifying that we only "mostly" support py3!  Perhaps some other intrepid soul would like to help cross that finish line... ;)

-glyph