[Twisted-Python] Minor fixes in the “Customizing twistd logging” section

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Mar 14 02:47:11 MDT 2017

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Роман Мещеряков <romanmescheryakov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> I decided to try Glyph's suggestion first.
> By the way, I'm trying to compile twisted documentation on Raspbian, is this platform suitable for that?
> The steps I performed just were:
> sudo pip install tox (Glyph said I shouldn't install packages globally but it's too late for this Raspbian installation...)
> Changed current directory to that where tox.ini resides
> I didn't activate any virtual environments
> tox -e narrativedocs
> The result was fail, if I understood correctly, due to this error:
>
>   Running setup.py bdist_wheel for cryptography: started
>   Running setup.py bdist_wheel for cryptography: finished with status 'error'
>   Complete output from command /home/pi/ColourDreams/Twisted-dev/build/narrativedocs/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-LEVwwA/cryptography/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" bdist_wheel -d /tmp/tmpTiRC7Rpip-wheel- --python-tag cp27:
>   Package libffi was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>   Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libffi.pc'
>   to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>   No package 'libffi' found
>
> Maybe it's because Raspbian is not suitable for twisted development? If this is the case, can I use Windows?

Raspbian should be fine, but you do have to have enough dependencies installed.  In this case you need to apt install libffi-dev and openssl-dev; it will be slow to build the first time (for each version of python) but it will speed up a lot after that due to build caching.

(Specifically this is because it is building Cryptography, which does not yet ship a manylinux1 wheel.)

Let me know if that works,

-g