[Twisted-Python] HTTP Agent persistent connections not closed for some HTTPS sites

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Thu Mar 9 13:40:44 MST 2017

On 7 March 2017 at 09:31, Cory Benfield <cory at lukasa.co.uk> wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2017, at 09:05, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> I am not sure about which code are we talking here.
> The specific HTTP11ClientProtocol which will fix only the HTTP client
> part or the generic TLSMemoryBIOProtocol code which might fix any TLS
> connection?
>

> I’m talking about the fact that calling TLSMemoryBIOProtocol.loseConnection
> may not ever actually drop the underlying FD is the surprising part of the
> code. We had to work around it in the server side by adding a timeout after
> loseConnection is called to end up calling abortConnection.
>
> Cory

In order to submit a patch, I am trying to write an automated tests for this.
Were you able to reproduce this issue in a controlled environment.

I am still not fully understanding why I get this behaviour with
sharepoint.com sites.

I am thinking at having a rigged TLS server which will keep the socket
open but will not
respond to the shutdown request.... but I still don't know how :)

--
Adi Roiban