[Twisted-Python] in case there's downtime

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Mar 24 22:14:27 MDT 2017

We've been very conservative about upgrading our operating system on twistedmatrix.com <http://twistedmatrix.com/>, since we don't want to disrupt anything.  Since our OS is one release too old to support Docker, that unfortunately means we haven't been able to migrate incrementally to containers, which creates a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem.

However, as we are days away from the end-of-life cliff for the operating system as a whole, and as I discovered a few minutes ago, dozens of packages are already unsupported and not receiving security updates, I'm going to upgrade the host OS manually, even if it results in some disruption.  As with the Twisted compatibility policy, security is a good enough reason to break stuff.

-glyph