[Twisted-Python] twistedmatrix.com TLS certificate

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Mon Mar 6 00:22:04 MST 2017

twistedmatrix.com's current certificate is issued by StartCom Certification
Authority; for certificates issued by this CA prior to 2016-09-21, the
domain must be on a Chrome whitelist for it to be accepted. As of Chrome
58.0.3026.3 (canary/dev channel only, currently, but eventually this will
presumably be in a release version) twistedmatrix.com is no longer[1] on
the whitelist, which means that twistedmatrix.com will issue a certificate
error. Can we switch to another CA? (Let's Encrypt, for example; I hear
somebody wrote a Twisted library for using that)

I'm sending this to the general list in case anyone else has been
scratching their head about why they're getting cert warnings.

[1]
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/6fc397860ccafa55086456a4d1e6d713c418b41f%5E%21/