[Twisted-Python] proto_helpers.StringTransport & TLS

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:34:32 MST 2017

Hey Guys,

We've been using proto_helpers.StringTransport for awhile in testing and
recently added TLS support we wanted to test as well. Has anyone subclassed
StringTransport to add startTLS support?

We added the _TLSConnectionMixin, _TLSClientMixin mixins to a new
StringTransportTLS subclass, but its throwing some basic errors we're
crunching through:

'StringTransportTLS' object has no attribute 'protocol'

So I thought I'd see if anyone had any pointers on doing this better. Thank
you in advance.

-J