[Twisted-Python] How to set up Twisted buildbot VM?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri Jun 23 01:00:22 MDT 2017

On 22 June 2017 at 09:44, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to set up a VM to test changes to Twisted's buildbot.
>
> I did this:
>

> git clone https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid
> cd braid
> vagrant up
> fab config.vagrant
> fab config.vagrant base.bootstrap
> fab config.vagrant buildbot.install
>

> I got some errors at this point (see attached log).
>
> Any ideas how to get this working?

I am not a python packages expert, but it looks like the `pbr` lib has
some errors. And pbr was installed due to `mock`.
I think that you can try pinning an older version of the `pbr` or of `mock`.

For production usage, I think that we should pin everything, so that
we don't end up with things which might break in the future.

Cheers,
Adi