[Twisted-Python] Notice of future removal of Python 3.3 and 3.4 support in Twisted

Amber Hawkie Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sat Jun 10 20:55:15 MDT 2017

As per our Compatibility Policy (https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/compatibility-policy.html#supporting-and-de-supporting-python-versions <https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/compatibility-policy.html#supporting-and-de-supporting-python-versions>), this is an announcement that Twisted will be officially dropping support for Python 3.3 and Python 3.4 in the release after next.

We currently have no 3.3 or 3.4 builders except on Travis, so these Python versions aren't really "fully supported" per our policy, as no current version of the distributions we test against ship it. However lack of support is different from explicitly dropping support, and so in Twisted 17.5 + two versions, we will be removing compatibility hacks for supporting 3.3 and 3.4, and focusing on 3.5+.

- Amber