[Twisted-Python] Failure of twisted.test.test_plugin.DeveloperSetupTests.test_freshPyReplacesStalePyc under pypy2

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Thu Jul 13 09:31:47 MDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Daniel Sutcliffe <dansut at gmail.com> wrote:

> I shall do my best as my intention is to use Twisted in a live
> environment with PyPy so it would be great if the project viewed these
> builds as required to be clean sometime in the future. This was just
> the first ERROR I attacked, it was always my intention to look into
> the others too, which I am also seeing.

Thanks for your motivation.  Please keep going, and share your findings on
the mailing list.

Last year, Mark Williams worked on fixing many Twisted unit tests to either
pass or skip on Pypy,
and even found one issue with Pypy itself (
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issues/2335/maximum-recursion-depth-exceeded-with
).

If you feel there are improvements or additions to the buildbot jobs using
Pypy, please share
your thoughts.  The builbot master.cfg file is at
https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/tree/master/services/buildbot/master

--
Craig