[Twisted-Python] [ANN] txAWS 0.4.0

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jul 13 01:58:18 MDT 2017

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 3:41 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> Do you see particular similarities between boto/boto3 and txAWS?  Do you think there is something to be gained by explicitly mirroring something done in those libraries?

The major thing to be gained by mimicking boto3, specifically (not boto 2) is its usage of botocore, which is a bunch of structured, static data describing the parameters used by various AWS APIs.  This could potentially increase the coverage of APIs that txAWS supports.

(boto2 had quite a bit of high-level convenience functionality that I wish boto3 had kept though; I don't think the "nothing but botocore wrappers" approach is necessarily something that should be copied)

-glyph