[Twisted-Python] Incompatible changes to twistd 16.3.2 to 16.4.0

Daniel Sutcliffe dansut at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:39:55 MDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Thomas Westfeld
<thomas.westfeld at currenta.de> wrote:
> I am experiencing an issue with my twistd plugin. It is in a project_plugin.py
> file in the twisted/plugins directory of my project.
>
> Calling "twistd --help" works fine up to twistd version 16.3.2 but in 16.4.0
> the plugin is not recognized anymore.

This is a PYTHONPATH thing if I remember correctly.
'.' was removed from the path as a side effect of making twistd a
'console script' and this was seen as a good/safer thing.

I believe the proper solution is to install the Python package that
contains your twisted/plugins/ directory.

Here's a link to a mentioning email on this mailing list back then:
  https://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2016-September/030782.html

Hope this helps,
/dan
--