[Twisted-Python] KeyError in SSHConnection.ssh_CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jul 7 21:06:20 MDT 2017

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 9:55 AM, Stephen McRoberts <steveo at mcroberts.org> wrote:
>
>  I made a minimal single-file.py app to perform test runs and never had the issue. Observer altered reality?
>
> Then I realized there are a couple of threads in the application which were there before moving to twisted a long time ago. They never manifested themselves in any other way.
>
> I removed the python threads and now it's running without the channel problem. (As a side note, I had overcome the channel problem by sending deferreds to a point where I could re-start the channel open and it would work but I'm glad to have that work-around out of the code.)

Hooray, glad you managed to track it down (sort of)!  Unfortunately it's quite difficult for us to automatically reject usage of Twisted APIs from threads without catastrophically terrible performance :-\.  But this is the cause of a lot of "how could this possibly happen" reports from users.

-glyph