[Twisted-Python] Can't create ticket in Trac

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jan 27 17:34:00 MST 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2017, at 4:16 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone <
> exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 27, 2017, at 3:53 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone <
>> exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>

>> My browser is not using HTTP/2 to talk to twistedmatrix.com (idnar
>> suggests this is because lack of ALPN in twistedmatrix.com's OpenSSL and
>> lack of NPN in Chrome).
>>

>> It might be interesting to upgrade to Twisted trunk to see if some of the
>> HTTP server bugfixes that have landed will address this; however, I can't
>> come up with a coherent theory as to why certain POSTs would just hang.
>>

> I've yet to detect any pattern to the problem.  With no way to reliably
> reproduce the problem and not other real metric for whether things are
> getting better or worse, I don't think I could evaluate the results of any
> changes.
>

> How often do you experience it?  Is it often enough that we could, say,
> check back in in a week?

My dataset is pretty small...  Perhaps 6 or 7 times in the last 2 or 3
weeks?  I don't know how many POSTs I've done in that time.  Maybe a couple
dozen?  I could probably tell the difference if it were *completely* fixed
(or *completely* broken :) so it may be worth making the change on that
basis.

Jean-Paul